The next day I started the work and it wasn't until I headed downstairs that things got interesting. I noticed a few additional problems pretty quickly, such as a rusted-away tub drain and a few water lines that had been split. Even these few problems that were visible where not enough to cause too much concern. I promptly made my way through all of the problems that were noticeable. All of these issues are pretty common with older homes, especially with the old galvanized steel water lines and cast iron drains. When everything APPEARED ok, I slowly started to turn the water on, and this is when the fun began. Within seconds, a slow drip developed, right next to my head. The galvanized pipe was split on the seem on the top of the pipe.